Lambda Lambda Lambda

Posted by in entertainment, music, tv, whateves on November 30th, 2006 @ 12:39 am

Pioneer just launched a commercial that has a guy driving a hearse around town while dancing in his seat to the car stereo. The song that is playing on the radio is from the movie Revenge of the Nerds. Its the song from the carnival scene. When Lamar and Wormser dress up like Michael Jackson. I allways thought that song was written for that movie? I know that LL Cool J had a song called “Clap Your Hands” but its been awhile since I have heard it. Can someone please tell me I’m not crazy and coinfirm that the song from the commercial is from the Nerds movie.  I figured if anyone will know more random knowledge then me the people of whateves.com would.

The song starts off like this: “clap your hands everybody, everybody clap your hands”

video link

6 Responses to ' Lambda Lambda Lambda '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' Lambda Lambda Lambda '.

1. Anonymous said,
    on November 30th, 2006 at 1:06 am

I haven’t seen this new commercial, but THE OLD one I saw was QUEEN that was barring out the window, and the song was Another one bites the dust.

2. on November 30th, 2006 at 1:04 pm

that makes since though to have a queen song. popular band with a recognizable song. but i swear that this is the song from nerds… that just blows me away that pioneer would be that obscure.

talking about being obscure i saw some tv commercials for a cell phone where they re-create “a christmas story”. i hate this when companies take something like a christmas story and try to mold it to their product. however this tv spot is right on. even the santa scene where he says HO… HO… HO really slow before kicking ralphy down the slide with his boot is dead on balls accurate.

3. mad ex said,
    on November 30th, 2006 at 1:19 pm

There is an office space commercial straight from the movie, and when lumberg comes up, he is playing Worlds for Warcraft on his old mac instead of Tetris. It was sorta awesome, in a Idiocracy sorta way.

4. K said,
    on November 30th, 2006 at 1:23 pm

I haven’t seen this commercial but “Clap your hands everybody/and everybody just clap your hands” is a classic line from the song “8th Wonder” by The Sugar Hill Gang. Lots of people have stolen lyrics from this song like LL Cool J, Busta Rhymes and The Tri-Lams. Of course, hip hop is a world of borrowing and sampling so I don’t even know if Sugar Hill were the first to use it. Here’s Sugar Hill Gang’s video for “8th Wonder.” Watch it. It’s brilliant.

Also, it sounds to me like Pioneer’s commercial might be referencing The Terminator. Not the 1984 James Cameron flick, the 1960 Cadillac Hearse that Wayne Harris turned into a mega mean mobile sound system in 1985 during the 80′s car audio boom. Get it? Boom? Ha! Anyway, it would make sense if the people who did the Pioneer ad were referencing 80′s car audio and using 80′s hip hop to get the point across. Yo!

.K

5. K said,
    on November 30th, 2006 at 1:27 pm

.K

6. Anonymous said,
    on January 18th, 2007 at 3:57 am

It definitely wasn’t Sugar Hill Gang. Sounded almost like it was tailor-made for the commercial.