TV Party

Posted by in rant, tv, whateves on June 11th, 2008 @ 5:48 pm

tv

I came across this list of “25 worst TV shows” on popcrunch.com. I read the piot’s and their reasons but disagree with most of the entries. I mean yes some of them were silly and off the wall but definitely not in the realm of WORST. I would even remove The Nanny from that worst list. That show never bothered me that much.
Anyway, it got me thinking about shows that I watched as a kid that I LOVED. Here are a few that came to mind:

3-2-1 Contact – PBS is cool.
Mr. Wizard – He taught me Science.
You Can’t Do That On Television – Canada can be funny… sometimes.
The Muppets Show – I would spend hours watching this show.
Sha Na Na – Most people have never heard about this show… It’s pure gold.
Beverly Hills 90210 – This show was so great on so many levels.
CHiP’s – This show has a special place in my heart… my grandma and I used to watch this together.

Like I said this is just a few that comes to mind. I was hoping we you could add to this list. What was your favorite TV show? What was your guilty pleasure?

9 Responses to ' TV Party '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' TV Party '.

1. madex said,
    on June 11th, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Favorite things as a kid:
    after school TV show: Todays Special, the mouse always freaked me out, but I loved it.
    Guilty Pleasure: Season 1 of The New Mickey Mouse Club. Gay alert.
    Favorite Mini Series: V. Never wanted to have kids just incase it came out a lizard.
    Favorite Variety show: That’s Incredible. I just liked when they walked through the doors at the beginning, and it always had people doing stunts.
    Favorite TV personality: Super Dave Osbourne, No one did it better then him.
    Favorite afterschool cartoon, Duck Tales woo ooo
    Favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon, MASK, He-Man, Mr. T with the olympic team and dog, and that Hulk Hogan Cartoon. I remember liking something called kissyfur, a bear maybe, I forget. Shirttales and monchi chi fo sho.

2. Brent said,
    on June 11th, 2008 at 8:04 pm

That list was kinda weak because it’s looking at the shows MUCH after the fact. Sure, the shows may suck by todays standards, but back then?…

Plus, the picture alone from “Homeboys in Outer Space” made me laugh harder than any of their snyde comments.

3. on June 11th, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Madex, Todays Special was rad. The mouse was named Muffy. I didn’t like Jeff the mannequin… He was creep-tastic.

I LOVED the New Mickey Mouse Club and Kids Incorporated.

Great picks with the cartoons. Does anyone remember a Hanna Barbara cartoon called Trolls? or maybe Trollz? I really like that one. I also loved Shirt Tails. I used to pretend that I married Pam and lived in the tree in the park. Everyday Mr. Dinkle would come by and we would have lunch together.

4. sladehayes said,
    on June 11th, 2008 at 8:27 pm

3-2-1 Contact was rad. Of course, I seemed to have loved all of the science shows. I really like “What Will They Think Of Next?” which was on Nickelodeon too. I need to go into work and figure out where all of the Starcade episodes are archived and get those back on the air.

5. dancepartyjulie said,
    on June 12th, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Who made the Pop crunch list? Cause it’s only about 15% true… and that’s cause I never have seen/heard of that 15% – Um It’s a Living? Awesome! I used to pretend that I worked in that cocktail lounge. Double Trouble – my kidney for a twin I could play the old switch-a-roo with. PERFECT STRANGERS?!? Have they ever seen the show? Pure comic Genius. Charles in Charge – man if Scott Baio was in charge of my life, I’m certain that I would have gladly murdered my mom so that he would become my legal guardian and then he would fall in love with me and I would be that lady on Scott Baio is Old and Pregnant. On second thought… I’m a little relieved he wasn’t in charge of my world… he just rocked it.

Mad Ex: V RULED – instead of playing house or some shit like that – my sister and I make-believed V. It’s true.

Maybe we would’ve been better off with a Baio in the house.

6. bumps (too lazy to sign in) said,
    on June 12th, 2008 at 3:04 pm

WAIT, julie and phil can we all go live in a bunker together until we go crazy and hate each other for ever? I loved every one of those shows except the recent ones ive never heard of. Babes? yeah, I”ve been waiting for that to release on dvd. I wanted to grow up and be wendy jo sperber sooo bad.
    also julie, i too instead of playing house, when I wasnt playing mad scientist pretended to be an its a living waitress.

7. madex said,
    on June 12th, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Oh, I forgot to say, SQUARE PEGS.

8. on June 12th, 2008 at 4:54 pm

Bumps & Julie Here is the Plot:

We are apart of a science camp field trip exploring some underground caves. We decide to splinter off from the group and quickly find ourselves lost. We end up wandering into an underground world, its here where we come across some quirky creatures with some bizarre personality’s. Since we can’t remember how to find our way back we are forced to live our lives in there world. It’s here where we discover how to live in harmony with each-other and with our new friends… and enemies. Hilarity ensues each week.

Kinda like a modern day Fraggle Rock meets Land of the Lost

Theme music to be performed by: Leslie and the Lys

9. madex said,
    on June 12th, 2008 at 5:09 pm

I just put it on my tivo. Im watchin’